1. Would my admission ticket to Machu Picchu be refundable in case I change the date or cancel my trip?
Recently, the Ministry of Culture of Peru made an update regarding the changes to the admisison ticket to Machu Picchu: all ticket sales are now final. Therefore, the tickets we purchase as a part of your tour package are not refundable, and also cannot be transferred to another person or modified to another date.
2. Do you arrange commercial and international flights?
At the moment, we do not arrange international or commercial flights. However, we will help you organize your trip and flight schedules before traveling abroad. Make sure to contact our team and get personalized assistance for planning your trip.
3. Do you organize personalized travel packages?
Yes, our main goal as a travel agency is to provide an authentic adventure in our country. Therefore, if you’re looking to travel off the beaten path or to be provided with the best trip itinerary through Peru, make sure to contact our team.
4. Do you offer private tours?
Yes, we have private excursions to different locations in Peru. We are looking forward to guaranteeing comfort while still showing a great part of our historical and cultural heritage.
5. How do I book a travel package?
Booking a travel package is as easy as requesting a quote on any of our options. Once you’ve filled in your details, one of our travel assistants will get in touch with you. If you still have no idea of what you’d like to do during your stay in Peru, don’t worry, we are here to help you.
Our sales team will take care of all the details involved with your trip as well as giving you options about the different destinations to visit in our country. You’ll realize that planning a trip abroad has never been easier.
6. How far in advance should I book my trip?
We usually recommend booking your trip at least 2-3 months in advance, especially if you’re planning on a long stay in Peru. Viagens Machu Picchu works with 3 to 5-star hotels and most of them request booking weeks in advance, as well as tours, train rides, transportation options, and other services.
7. What is the best train for Machu Picchu: Expedition or Vistadome?
We recommend you take the Expedition train on the way to Aguas Calientes since most of the departure times are generally when it’s dark. The expedition train has simpler wagons with smaller windows.
Usually, the return takes place during daylight, which is why we would recommend you take the Vistadome train with panoramic windows to enjoy the visually striking scenery this road has to offer. In addition, the Vistadome train offers onboard service and typical dance shows.
8. Are the train tickets included in the package?
Yes, all of our packages include round trip train tickets. Except for those who may choose to go to Machu Picchu by trek. In this case, we’ll only cover the return ticket.
9. Can I choose seats on train trips?
Unfortunately, Peru Rail (the railway company) does not allow passengers to choose seats on any of their different types of train. The distribution of these is done automatically by the company’s system.
10. During the trip to Machu Picchu, where will my largest luggage stay?
Bags that weigh more than 5kg are not allowed on the train or in the Archeological Site of Machu Picchu. Therefore, you must leave your large luggage in the storage service of your accommodation.
For your trip to Machu Picchu, we highly recommend you carry a light backpack with just the essentials for your comfort.
11. What are the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains?
Those are the surrounding mountains to the Inca Citadel. Huayna Picchu is located at 2,720 meters above sea level and offers an outstanding view to the archaeological site as well as several Inca ruins along the trail.
The Machu Picchu Mountain is located at 3,082 meters above sea level, and serves as another viewpoint to the famous historical sanctuary. However, the trek to its summit is significantly less challenging than the Huayna Picchu mountain.
To trek either of these mounts, you must purchase an additional entrance ticket well in advance. For more information, please contact your travel agent.
12. What Currency is Used in Peru?
Nuevo Soles is the local currency in Peru, banknotes come in denominations of 200, 100, 50, 20, and 10. Whilst coins come in 5, 2, 1, 0.50, 0.20, and 0,10 units.
13. What is the best currency to use in Peru: US Dollars or Soles?
Almost all establishments accept payments in US Dollars, but we highly recommend you have both Dollars and Soles (the local currency) since there might be places where you’ll need to pay with the Peruvian currency.
14. What are the Peru entry requirements?
Depending on your nationality, you would either need a tourist visa, valid passport or your national I.D. card to enter Peru, for example:
- Passport: Concerns to every country that isn’t in the Andean Community. It must have a validity of at least 6 months.
- Tourist Visa: Applies for visitors from Venezuela, Haití, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Cuba.
- National I.D. Card: Valid for all the members within the Andean Community as, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina.
Changes & Cancellations
1. If a tour is canceled due to weather conditions, do I get a refund?
Tour cancellations due to bad weather conditions have no refund, as they are factors beyond our control. However, we’d like to ensure the integrity of our passengers by acknowledging that some other situations may be taken into account. Therefore, if having any inconvenience, make sure to contact your travel agent.
2. Can I change the starting date of my travel package?
Yes, you can change the starting date of your travel package. However, an administrative fee between 10% and 50% of the total value of the package will be charged, depending on the proximity to the original date of your trip (this is subject to availability and supplier policies).
3. Can I cancel my trip?
Yes, you can cancel your trip. However, there are certain regulations binded to your refund options. Viagens Machu Picchu will only refund a certain amount according to the following conditions:
- Up to 50 days prior to the date of the trip, there will be no penalty, discounting the deposit commission and other administrative services for a total of 10% of the value of the package contracted.
- Up to 39 to 21 days before the starting date, there will be a 20% fine of the total value of the package.
- Up to 20 days before the starting date, there will be a 50% fine of the total value of the package.
- Up to 10 days before the starting date, there will be an 80% fine of the total value of the package.
- For cancellations made less than 7 days before the starting date, the total value of the package will be withheld.
Important Note: Machu Picchu Travel will have up to 50 days to refund the money to the passenger, according to the aforementioned conditions, counted from the date of cancellation of the trip.
For further information, we have a section with the most Frequently Asked Questions about Peru, Machu Picchu, and our company.