Available from 22/06 to 27/06
The Inti Raymi festival was and still is one of the most important celebrations of the Andes, and this itinerary will show you everything about it while also discovering the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu and the best attractions of the former capital of the Incas!
Our team will be waiting at the Cusco airport to take you to the hotel. We recommend drinking the famous Coca tea, known for helping with any altitude sickness symptoms.
After checking in at the hotel, our team will inform you about the city’s sights with a map, while also indicating restaurants, exchange offices, shops and more.
Important Note: Cusco is located at 3,399 meters above sea level. Therefore, we highly recommend you take a few hours to get used to the altitude before exploring the beautiful Historic Center of Cusco.
Overnight in Cusco.
Breakfast at the hotel.
From 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Enjoy the different sightings within the historic center of Cusco with our local guide. (Exclusive tour available for Viagens Machu Picchu passengers only).
In the afternoon, we’ll start the Archaeological City Tour with a visit to the different attractions within the city and its surroundings, like Sacsayhuaman, the Qoricancha Temple, Q’enqo, and more.
Optional Visit: The Qosqo Center of Native Arts have daily presentations of typical Andean music and dances from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We recommend you arrive 45 minutes in advance. Tickets are already included in the package.
Overnight in Cusco.
Breakfast at the hotel.
The Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun used to be the main celebration during Inca times, a tradition that passed through generations and it’s still carried out in many parts of the Andes mountains.
On this day, you’ll get to experience this famous ceremony, which starts at the Coricancha Temple, continues to Plaza de Armas to later watch the main ceremony from the Sacsayhuaman Archeological Site.
Here you’ll find yourself surrounded by nothing but culture, where typical dance shows and music will leave you captivated from start to end, an excellent opportunity to get to know this traditional festival.
Overnight in Cusco.
Breakfast at the hotel.
On this day, we’ll depart in the morning for the Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour. We will make our first stop to visit the Awanacancha Traditional Textile Museum, just after enjoying the magnificent view of the Sacred Valley.
Following the itinerary, we’ll continue to visit Pisac, a small town recognized for its authentic cultural expression and the outstanding Pisac Archeological site. Later, we’ll have lunch in Urubamba, located right at the heart of the Sacred Valley.
Finishing the tour, we’ll get to Ollantaytambo, where we’ll get to visit one of the oldest villages within the valley and its towering archeological site. After exploring the town of Ollantaytambo, We’ll board the train to Aguas Calientes, a town located in the middle of the mountains of the Peruvian jungle, surrounded by an impressive natural setting.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
The wait is finally over, now it’s time to live the dream! Our team will take you from the hotel to board the bus up to Machu Picchu. The bus ride takes about 30 minutes from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu’s main entrance.
Our professional guide will provide all the details about this wonder of the world, including the mysteries and fascinating facts of the Inca culture. After our time in Machu Picchu, we’ll go back to Aguas Calientes to return to the city of Cusco by train.
Overnight in Cusco.
Now, if you’d like to spice up your experience in Machu Picchu, please check these additional services:
♦ Exclusive lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge Hotel, located just in front of the entrance to Machu Picchu.
♦ Return on the Vistadome train, a panoramic train with first class seats.
♦ Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain. The most in-demand additional hike within Machu Picchu. This mountain offers an outstanding view of the citadel and great picture opportunities.
For further information, please contact our sales team.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Our team will be waiting for you at the hotel to take you to the airport 2 hours before your flight departure. This will be the last of our services.
Quick Tip: If your flight from Cusco to Lima departs in the afternoon, we encourage you to visit some of the museums within the historic center: The Contemporary Art Museum, the Regional Museum, the Coricancha Museum, and the Popular Art Museum. Don’t worry about the entrance fees, they are all included in your Cusco Tourist Ticket!
Check-In & Check-Out Times:
- Cusco: Check-in time at 10:00 a.m. | Check-out time at 9:00 a.m.
- Aguas Calientes: Check in time at 9:00 a.m. | Check out time at 10:00 a.m.
Hotels with breakfast
- 04 nights hotel in Cusco.
- 01 night hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Tours and Excursions
- Entrance to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Bus Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (roundtrip).
- Tickets for all the Archeological complexes to visit.
- Train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, tourist class
- Return train Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo or Cusco, tourist class
- Archeological City Tour in Cusco - (maximum group 17 people)
- Walking Tour in Cusco (courtesy of Machu Picchu Travel).
- Inti Raymi Tour (Sun Festival) Ticket + box lunch (Full day)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas with buffet lunch - (maximum group 17 people)
- Transfer from Cusco train station to the hotel.
- Transfer from hotel to Cusco's airport.
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Cusco.
Benefits of Viagens Machu Picchu
- 24 hour assistance in Spanish and English.
- Professional team on all tours and treks.
- Guided tours in Spanish and English; inform in advance.
- Personalized concierge and assistance to your needs during your stay.
- Travel insurance.
- Domestic or international airfare.
- Food and beverages not mentioned above.
- Extra Expenses: Personal expenses, laundry, telephone calls, and details not mentioned in the itinerary.
The itineraries of our site are only suggestions and can be totally structured to meet your expectations.
Cusco: -Rojas Inn - I, San Francisco Plaza, Casona Plaza, or Similar Room Standard Room 4 night(s) - Breakfast
Aguas Calientes: -Ferré Boulevard Machu Picchu,Flower House, Waman, or Similar Room Standard Room 1 night(s) - Breakfast
Cusco: -Royal Inka II - I ,Sueños del Inca, Rojas Inn - II, or Similar Room Standard Room 4 night(s) - Breakfast
Aguas Calientes: -Ferre Machu Picchu, Retama Inn, Tara Machupicchu, or Similar Room Standard Room 1 night(s) - Breakfast
Cusco: -San Agustín Plaza / Dorado, Xima Cusco, Jose Antonio Cusco, San Agustin El Dorado, or Similar Room Standard Room 4 night(s) - Breakfast
Aguas Calientes: -Taypikala Machu Picchu, Jaya Machu Picchu, or Similar Room Standard Room 1 night(s) - Breakfast
Cusco: -Costa del Sol Ramada Cusco, Sonesta Cusco, Quinta San Blas by Ananay Hotels, or Similar Room Standard Room 4 night(s) - Breakfast
Aguas Calientes: -El Mapi By Inkaterra, Hatun Inti Boutique, or Similar Room Standard Room 1 night(s) - Breakfast
Buffet Lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge Restaurant
Located in the luxurious Sanctuary Lodge hotel (former Orient Express); It is the only one located very close to the entrance to Machu Picchu.
• From USD 40.00 per person.
Return train Vistadome Service
First class train with panoramic view, typical dance show and service on board.
• From USD 70.00 per person.
Entrance to the Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu Mountain
Small path that runs from the Inca citadel to the viewpoint of Huayna Picchu, a strategic and unique place where you have the most complete view of the Machu Picchu citadel.
• From USD 65.00 per person.
Private Tours and Walks
They are ideal for those who want a more personalized service, where the schedules of the tours and walks are more flexible, according to the client's preference. To request a private or personalized service, contact our travel agents.
1. Do you arrange commercial and international flights?
At the moment, we do not arrange international or commercial flights. However, we will help you organize your trip and flight schedules before traveling abroad. Make sure to contact our team and get personalized assistance for planning your trip.
2. Do you organize personalized travel packages?
Yes, our main goal as a travel agency is to provide an authentic adventure in our country. Therefore, if you’re looking to travel off the beaten path or to be provided with the best trip itinerary through Peru, make sure to contact our team.
3. Do you offer private tours?
Yes, we have private excursions to different locations in Peru. We are looking forward to guaranteeing comfort while still showing a great part of our historical and cultural heritage.
4. How do I book a travel package?
Booking a travel package is as easy as requesting a quote on any of our options. Once you’ve filled in your details, one of our travel assistants will get in touch with you. If you still have no idea of what you’d like to do during your stay in Peru, don’t worry, we are here to help you.
Our sales team will take care of all the details involved with your trip as well as giving you options about the different destinations to visit in our country. You’ll realize that planning a trip abroad has never been easier.
5. How far in advance should I book my trip?
We usually recommend booking your trip at least 2-3 months in advance, especially if you’re planning on a long stay in Peru. Viagens Machu Picchu works with 3 to 5-star hotels and most of them request booking weeks in advance, as well as tours, train rides, transportation options, and other services.
6. What is the best train for Machu Picchu: Expedition or Vistadome?
We recommend you take the Expedition train on the way to Aguas Calientes since most of the departure times are generally when it’s dark. The expedition train has simpler wagons with smaller windows.
Usually, the return takes place during daylight, which is why we would recommend you take the Vistadome train with panoramic windows to enjoy the visually striking scenery this road has to offer. In addition, the Vistadome train offers onboard service and typical dance shows.
7. Are the train tickets included in the package?
Yes, all of our packages include round trip train tickets. Except for those who may choose to go to Machu Picchu by trek. In this case, we’ll only cover the return ticket.
8. Can I choose seats on train trips?
Unfortunately, Peru Rail (the railway company) does not allow passengers to choose seats on any of their different types of train. The distribution of these is done automatically by the company’s system.
9. During the trip to Machu Picchu, where will my largest luggage stay?
Bags that weigh more than 5kg are not allowed on the train or in the Archeological Site of Machu Picchu. Therefore, you must leave your large luggage in the storage service of your accommodation.
For your trip to Machu Picchu, we highly recommend you carry a light backpack with just the essentials for your comfort.
10. What are the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountains?
Those are the surrounding mountains to the Inca Citadel. Huayna Picchu is located at 2,720 meters above sea level and offers an outstanding view to the archaeological site as well as several Inca ruins along the trail.
The Machu Picchu Mountain is located at 3,082 meters above sea level, and serves as another viewpoint to the famous historical sanctuary. However, the trek to its summit is significantly less challenging than the Huayna Picchu mountain.
To trek either of these mounts, you must purchase an additional entrance ticket well in advance. For more information, please contact your travel agent.
11. What Currency is Used in Peru?
Nuevo Soles is the local currency in Peru, banknotes come in denominations of 200, 100, 50, 20, and 10. Whilst coins come in 5, 2, 1, 0.50, 0.20, and 0,10 units.
12. What is the best currency to use in Peru: US Dollars or Soles?
Almost all establishments accept payments in US Dollars, but we highly recommend you have both Dollars and Soles (the local currency) since there might be places where you’ll need to pay with the Peruvian currency.
13. What are the Peru entry requirements?
Depending on your nationality, you would either need a tourist visa, valid passport or your national I.D. card to enter Peru, for example:
- Passport: Concerns to every country that isn’t in the Andean Community. It must have a validity of at least 6 months.
- Tourist Visa: Applies for visitors from Venezuela, Haití, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Cuba.
- National I.D. Card: Valid for all the members within the Andean Community as, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina.
Changes & Cancellations
1. If a tour is canceled due to weather conditions, do I get a refund?
Tour cancellations due to bad weather conditions have no refund, as they are factors beyond our control. However, we’d like to ensure the integrity of our passengers by acknowledging that some other situations may be taken into account. Therefore, if having any inconvenience, make sure to contact your travel agent.
2. Can I change the starting date of my travel package?
Yes, you can change the starting date of your travel package. However, an administrative fee between 10% and 50% of the total value of the package will be charged, depending on the proximity to the original date of your trip (this is subject to availability and supplier policies).
3. Can I cancel my trip?
Yes, you can cancel your trip. However, there are certain regulations binded to your refund options. Viagens Machu Picchu will only refund a certain amount according to the following conditions:
- Up to 50 days prior to the date of the trip, there will be no penalty, discounting the deposit commission and other administrative services for a total of 10% of the value of the package contracted.
- Up to 39 to 21 days before the starting date, there will be a 20% fine of the total value of the package.
- Up to 20 days before the starting date, there will be a 50% fine of the total value of the package.
- Up to 10 days before the starting date, there will be an 80% fine of the total value of the package.
- For cancellations made less than 7 days before the starting date, the total value of the package will be withheld.
Important Note: Machu Picchu Travel will have up to 50 days to refund the money to the passenger, according to the aforementioned conditions, counted from the date of cancellation of the trip.
For further information, we have a section with the most Frequently Asked Questions about Peru, Machu Picchu, and our company.
To confirm your booking, we will send you a link with 25% of the total amount; the remaining 75% must be paid 10 days prior to the trip. Payment can be in US Dollars, credit, or debit card. For payment in installments of the remaining value, please consult your travel agent.
Our current payment methods are through PayPal and Visa.